Using Gmsh for openCFS¶
You can use Gmsh as a mesh gnerator for openCFS.
Gmsh can be nicely scripted using it's ASCII
*.geo input files.
To get started check the Tutorial section of the Gmsh documentation.
- create geometry in the GUI or by editing the
- create Physical Volume, Physical Surface, ... to define region names
- export the mesh file in the correct format
gmsh -3 -format msh2 my-mesh.geowhich should create the ASCII mesh file
Interface to openCFS¶
A few things are important when using cubit as a mesh gnerator:
- Region names are defined by physical groups.
- You need to use the legacy mesh format when exporting the mesh.